While it is fairly simple to maintain elements of block paving around your house, it is not completely easy to maintain and to be able to keep your paving looking its best it will require regular cleaning. There are likewise steps that one could take to prevent problems developing with the block paving and this can make the maintenance procedure much easier.
Let's have a look at the five points that will help keep the drive, path or patio area looking fantastic for years to come:
- Keep weeds away. Unwanted weeds won't grow through the block paving from the surface area below, however they will start to grow within the joints between the stones. Treating the area surrounding the joints with weed killer, even if you're yet to see any weeds, can help stop this issue from developing. Prevention is certainly much better than treatment in this case, as established weeds is usually hard to move permanently after they have taken hold.
- Thoroughly clean the paving frequently. Frequently cleaning your block paving can stop it looking grubby and worn out. The best method to completely clean your paving would be to comprise a solution of hot water and soap and to use this formula on the paving with a brush with tough bristles. These bristles will also help eliminate debris within the joints. Click the following link for more resources on EKS Construction Cambridge.
- Deal with algae as soon as possible. In case you have block paving which is produced from stone, then you may experience problems with algae, and these issues can begin to reveal after just a short amount of time. One of the most effective methods to treat algae is to use regular home bleach, and this must be done when you first discover the algae.
- Consider using a power washer. Making use of a power washer can really improve the look of your block paving by washing away all the grime that has accumulated and help restore the paving to its original colour. This isn't a process that should be carried out too often however, since over use of power washers can harm the components that the paving is made of.
- Close up the joints of the paving. For those who have a lot of issues with unwanted weeds and water getting into the joints of the paving, then using a sealer could help. This may help preserve the joints and could minimize the quantity of problems that you have with weeds. It can also prolong the life span of the block paving.
Maintaining your block paving does not have to be a difficult or time consuming task, and the more often it is carried out, the easier it will be the next time. If you never ever carry out any maintenance on your block paving, then at some point in the future you will begin to discover that it does not look as good as it used to, and the by the time you get to this point, it can be hard to put things right.